LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subvi cannot be closed after loading bar finished

Greetings, 

All the screenshotted code has no error and can be run, when I run the main vi.. it will firstly open the splashscreensubvi.png, and after clicking "Get Started" button, the progress bar will load until finish but unfortunately after it finished, the subvi did not close and return back to the main vi. Instead, both vi got stuck. 

What did I do wrong in this situation? 

What is the proper way to call and close welcome screen subvi, after running the main vi?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(2,772 Views)

Attach VI Instead of Image files

Check  for VI Properties (Close Afterwards when VI is originally closed)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(2,760 Views)

Can't debug a picture.  Attach the actual VIs and then we can dig into properties, other diagrams that could be causing issues, etc.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(2,751 Views)

here is the VIs.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(2,746 Views)

It runs just fine for me.  Maybe you have something else in your code that you removed for this demo?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(2,741 Views)

Nope, I did not remove anything. It is as it is. I tried running those VIs I attached, it still did not work as I wanted.. after the progress bar loaded, the subvi.vi stuck and not returning to the mainvi.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(2,736 Views)

when u run the subvi.vi, yes it works fine..both button. But in this case, you have to run from the main vi (UI design)..try that

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(2,735 Views)

@quadratini26 wrote:

when u run the subvi.vi, yes it works fine..both button. But in this case, you have to run from the main vi (UI design)..try that

I did.  And it the dialog closed after I pressed the GS button and the progress bar filled up.  I then click the Exit button on the main VI and it closed with no issues.  Do note that I did this experiment with LabVIEW 2017.  If I get a chance, I can try with 2016.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(2,725 Views)

hmm okay, thanks for checking on my issue. I will try running it again later

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(2,715 Views)

Just thinking about this again.  Your problem might be that you already had the subVI open before you started running the main VI.  If that is the case, then the subVI will not close since the setting is "Close if previously closed".  You can use an invoke node to close the panel.

GCentral
Message 10 of 15
(2,699 Views)