LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVI waveform chart update behavior when viewing from subpanel

Let me preface this with I'm sure there are many "best-practices" that are not being followed, but I am a fairly new LabVIEW developer with minimal training and as such trying to get by with what I know.

The issue I'm having is more of an annoyance than an issue, but I am using DQMH in a decently sized project and am noticing some odd behavior with how a subvi, which is essentially just a waveform chart, updates when viewed via a subpanel.

The main UI has a Navigation pane on the left side that allows the user to select between which "Screen" (Navigation subvi) they want to view, and when the user selects an option, that Navigation subvi is displayed on the main subpanel. In the background there are various tasks running (via different DQMH Modules) and there is a "Main Application" which sends new data to the "Navigation subvis" via Requests. When the Main Application sends data to the UI Module, the UI inputs that data to the appropriate Navigation subvi.

If new data is sent to a Navigation subvi and that Navigation subvi is NOT the current vi being displayed on the main subpanel, when the user selects that Navigation subvi any data that has been received since the last time the Navigation subvi was viewed isn't shown on the waveform chart. Only if the Navigation subvi is the currently viewed subvi AND data is sent to it, will the waveform chart update.

I am going to attempt to attach the UI Module Library. Run "Test UI API.vi" and use the controls under "Temp Graph Page, PID Graph Page, and Torque Graph Page" to send random data to the UI Module and see if you can replicate my issue. There are some weird issues with the Summary Page but I'm sure I can figure those out so any issues there can be ignored for now.

There is a lot of extra functionality in this Module as I didn't want to spend too much time trying to strip out everything other than the Navigation VIs. Please ignore any of the extra functions and controls on the "Test UI API.vi" front panel.

If anyone has any ideas as to why I might be seeing this behavior potentially due to how I am implementing the Navigation subvis and the main subpanel please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(585 Views)