LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVI not returnin data to Main VI

I'm relatively new to Labview. I have a VI that builds a 2D array and outputs it through a terminal. I have a stop command that ends the subVI and the VI runs and shows the information on the Array indicator. When I call the SubVI it runs but probe readings from the output terminal show that it has not executed. Any help would help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,727 Views)

We cannot help unless we see some code. Please attach a simplified version of callerVI and subVI.

(Dataflow dictates that the subVI only produces output once it completes, so does it? I am not sure what you mean by "stop command".)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,722 Views)

This is a very basic set up of what I need to do. The test array build VI will function correctly but will not return the array. I'm assuming the VI completes however I may be missing something very basic. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,671 Views)

What in the world ?

Frozen_1-1584732011267.png

The STOP kills LabVIEW in its tracks. Off course it will not return anything if you are killing the program.

BTW. I have never had the need to use the STOP function in over 20 years of LabVIEW programming.... you might want to reconsider what you are trying to do.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,669 Views)

Obviously, yuou have some misunderstandings how LabVIEW works, so I recommend to start with a few tutorials.

Here's all you really need. The subVI will return once it has completed all code.:

altenbach_0-1584759867067.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,626 Views)