From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVI not returnin data to Main VI

I'm relatively new to Labview. I have a VI that builds a 2D array and outputs it through a terminal. I have a stop command that ends the subVI and the VI runs and shows the information on the Array indicator. When I call the SubVI it runs but probe readings from the output terminal show that it has not executed. Any help would help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,745 Views)

We cannot help unless we see some code. Please attach a simplified version of callerVI and subVI.

(Dataflow dictates that the subVI only produces output once it completes, so does it? I am not sure what you mean by "stop command".)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,740 Views)

This is a very basic set up of what I need to do. The test array build VI will function correctly but will not return the array. I'm assuming the VI completes however I may be missing something very basic. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,689 Views)

What in the world ?

Frozen_1-1584732011267.png

The STOP kills LabVIEW in its tracks. Off course it will not return anything if you are killing the program.

BTW. I have never had the need to use the STOP function in over 20 years of LabVIEW programming.... you might want to reconsider what you are trying to do.

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,687 Views)

Obviously, yuou have some misunderstandings how LabVIEW works, so I recommend to start with a few tutorials.

Here's all you really need. The subVI will return once it has completed all code.:

altenbach_0-1584759867067.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,644 Views)