LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVI Spartan 3E LabVIEW FPGA

Hello,  I have a doubt, I realize the serial communication RS232 in the spartan 3E, now I want use this VI like a subVI, I do all the steps for using VI like subVI but does not work at all, someone can tell me what's going on?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,134 Views)

Hi,

It's very hard to find a solution with the little information of "..cannot creat subVI out out of this code".

Could you please be a bit more specific, what exactly does not work?

Antoher question, why do you want to create a SubVI out of that?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,077 Views)

Your sub-vi is an infinite loop.  You have a false wired to the loop stop condition.  It will run forever.  I think you can just get rid of the loop altogether.

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,059 Views)

@ 10Degree:  In LabVIEW FPGA Programming its common use to let loops run forever in wireing a false constant to the conditional terminal, since you stop the VI either from the Host part or in powering off the FPGA Target.

And now, this is not a reason why you cannot create a SubVI from it.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,035 Views)
ok, sorry I forgot mentioned that the infinite loop wich I used in this VI, is not used for the SubVI, just the block diagram.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,021 Views)

I have used infinite loops in fpga too - just not in a sub-vi.  I thought this was a sub-vi we were looking at, in which case, it would be called and then it would hang.

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,010 Views)