LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub-VI Close

Hey,

In my set-up, i need a log-in facility that pops up a sub-vi if successful.

I modified the Login Dialog that comes with LabView examples, and it works fine by poping up the dialog box.

I made a very simple sample sub VI which just displays a string and a stop button. 

I expected the sub VI to close after I click the stop button, but there is quite a delay, and sometimes i need to press the stop button twice.

Just wondering is there an easy setup change that will close the sub VI immediately once i hit stop. I need the main VI to continue running then.

Any help would be appreciated. 

I've attached the VI's

Rkll

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,836 Views)
You should change the mechanical action of your booleans to Latch When Released and the while loop in the subVI needs a Wait (ms) function to avoid hogging the cpu.
Message 2 of 7
(2,829 Views)

You should change the mechanical action of your booleans to Latch When Released and the while loop in the subVI needs a Wait (ms) function to avoid hogging the cpu.

p.s. that bit of code with the Select functions is silly. Just wire directly to the case statement.

Message 3 of 7
(2,828 Views)

Tanx for the swift response, I works with the sample sub-VI.

However when i tried the actual VI, i get the same problem. I think its because in the actual subVI, i have the while loop stop triggered by a value change event on a stop button. 

Is this a problem because of the Mechanical action of the Stop button? Or the event structure?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,812 Views)

I'm confused. What 'actual VI'? Are you saying that you are running different code than what you posted? Aside from the confusion of asking for a fix of code that you did not post, the only problem with the subVI you posted was you did not have a wait in the loop. If you have an event structure, you don't need a wait.

The incorrect mechanical action is in your top level VI that you posted. Is that different than the 'actual code' as well?

Message 5 of 7
(2,806 Views)

Ok, Im sorry for the confusion.

You see, I developed this VI to basically edit arrays. Its called recipeeditor.vi.

Then i needed the login to pop up this recipeeditor if the password was right, so i started developing the login. I used a really quick vi that i made up, just to be extra cautious because i didn't want anything to happen to the other VI. So when you gave me the fix for the other VI, i assumed it would be the same for when i inserted the recipeeditor sub VI.

I hope i'v cleared things up.

I've attached my files again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,793 Views)
There are now numerous missing subVIs but when I deleted the code required from them and changed all of the mechanical actions to Latch When Released in the main and Recipe Editor, everything works like I would expect.
Message 7 of 7
(2,791 Views)