From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student version and Evaluation Kit

Hallo .. I have a student version of Labview 2013, because of my study .. - and I borrowed a Evaluation Kit hardware from my work..
Can I connect them together, or do I need to have the software installed for the evaluation kit also ?

BR Mathias Them / Denmark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,696 Views)
What is the hardware? You'll need the driver for anything you connect to the pc. The driver would be installed after LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,691 Views)

You need to be more specific. Are you talking about the RIO evaluation kit? (there are several others!)

If so, you also need e.g. the RT and FPGA software. You can find the 2013 execrcises and additional information here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,682 Views)

Okay, I get that 🙂

- the hardware is: LabVIEW RIO Evaluation Kit - but the driver for that is where?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,681 Views)

As I just said above, you need LabVIEW RT and LabVIEW FPGA. (You can probably download them and use them in eval mode for a limited time. Not sure what happens if you already have the LabVIEW student version installed). Then you also need to install drivers (such as NI-RIO) and probably some other stuff. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,671 Views)

Also note that there is also an older version of the RIO eval kit, which has different hardware. Do you have the one described here?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,662 Views)

OK, I found a detailed list of what you need here. (sorry for the multiple posts).

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,658 Views)

THANKS 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,635 Views)