LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Version of LabVIEW

Forum Community,

I apologize for what may be a redundant post, but I am checking to see if there a current free student version of LabVIEW for college students requiring to learn this software. I know a year ago, there was such a version but not sure if something has recently changed where that is not available anymore.

Dan Scrobe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,511 Views)

Hi, Dan:

I think obtaining LabVIEW Student Edition is something between you and your school.  That being said, if you wanted to learn on your own, LabVIEW Community Edition (CE) is essentially the same thing for free to the general public, with the understanding that it be used only for private use (with some exceptions - you need to read the fine print).

Caveat: LabVIEW CE seems to be having activation issues right now - you might want to wait until the smoke has cleared before trying to install and activate it.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 5
(1,497 Views)

Hi Dan, I don't believe there was a free student version. As Bill said, if you want to use LabVIEW for fun or hobby projects, you can get the community edition. If it is required to be used as part of your degree-seeking coursework, you should check with your instructor how to get it. I also found this hardware bundled with LabVIEW that you can buy here: https://www.studica.com/us/en/National-Instruments-students-ni-labview-mydaq/ni-mydaq-lv-mult-ulti.h...

Message 3 of 5
(1,470 Views)

Hill Bill,

There seems to be something going on between the school and NI. Everyone in my class is in limbo. Last year, I started to take a course in LabVIEW but had to drop to take care of personal matters. At that time, I was able to load a student version at no cost to me. Now, I am retaking the course and I was able to find an evaluation version that lasts 45 days. My course is 15 weeks so that version will expire before the end of class. It appears that something is being worked out between the school and NI. But I think it is going to come down to the school getting a license for the software. Oh, and that CE edition looks like the answer but I was checking out the user agreement and it is pretty vocal about not using this for school purposes, although I am not sure how NI would even know that is taking place.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,433 Views)

I'm hoping your school can work something out soon!  Sorry to hear you are in a bind like that.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 5 of 5
(1,428 Views)