LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream recorded images to hard drive using IMAQ write file 2

I made a Labview GUI to control the microscope and data acquisition and I am using the IMAQ write file function to write the data. The data is recording and allocating into the RAM, then all of the recorded images are saving into the hard drive. This saving process is running very fast, but the the data de-allocation from RAM is very slow. I am using IMAQ dispose to release the data from IMAQ create, but it does not work very well for IMAQ write file 2 and the the data is released from RAM very slow. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,959 Views)

As usual, posting your code will be the best way to get help. I would expect saving images to the hard drive to be your bottle neck...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,949 Views)

If you use a Producer/Consumer Design, you should be able to stream to disk as fast as you can acquire the images from the Camera.  You may be able to get away with a single (or a small number of) Image Buffers.  You should be doing the Create Image once per Buffer, before acquiring any images from the Camera, and should not release them until you are about to exit the Program.

Attach your code (post the actual VI(s), not a picture!) and we can make better suggestions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,933 Views)