LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange license manager behaviour

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW at work and have received also a LabVIEW License for my home-computer.

This license is valid until september 2019.

When I start-up LabVIEW I got the message that my license will expire over e few days.

When I look at the license manager I see that there are several LabVIEW programs all with different expiration-dates. Have a look at the screen below:

Capture.PNG

Does  anybody have some idea how to solve this? Why are there different LabVIEW programs displayed?

Best regards,

Wamor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,962 Views)

Hi Thawal,

What it looks like here is you have installed a license file ("dl967_Home__U_20-sep-2019.lic"), which shows licensed status for the products listed below it until September 20, 2019. When you install a license file, license manager separates that listing from the local licenses on your machine. The yellow entries you see are most-likely local licenses on your system which were generated during the initial installation of LabVIEW. If you install and don't have a serial to activate the software with, it will ask you to evaluate the software and generates these local licenses.

The confusing part is that these licenses don't detect the presence of other licenses (externally installed licenses and/or licenses hosted by a license server), so despite the fact that you have a valid license until 2019, the expiring evaluation licenses will continue you warn you until they expire, at which point the license that is valid until 2019 should remain active and the prompts should cease.

Regards,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,933 Views)

I have the same problem. I sure hope you're right because the customer is out of the country and today is the last day of a "Local Evaluation License" of software that has an ongoing license on the server. Not only that, execution is interrupted by another "Extend Evaluation?" prompt for a Vision license. Can you delete the local license somehow? How do you avoid this problem? I'm not certain even re-installation will work because it only gives you a choice of loggin in/evaluating or entering a serial number.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,748 Views)