LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange box appearing with the Cursor Legend that can't be moved.

Hello,
I am using labview for graphing purposes. A strange box appears when i add a cursor legend to an xy graph. I can't move this box at all. I would prefer it to disappeared, but being at least able to move it would be nice. Here is a picture of this problem.

-Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,727 Views)
I have never had problems moving this "box" anywhere I wanted on the front panel. It is part of the cursor legend and allows you to move the selected cursor(s) up|down|left|right, by pressing on one of the four diamonds.

What is your OS and LabVIEW version?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,714 Views)

I'm Using labview 8.2, O/S is windows XP service pack 2.

I tried making a graph in a new VI after a reboot and it still won't move. Is this a bug? and if so where can i get a patch?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,705 Views)
Hi,

It is very strange that the cursor box will not move in your application.  Would it be possible for you to open up a shipping example called "programmatically control cursors.vi".  This VI has a cursor box.  If you right click the cursor box, and go to Visible Items and deselect "Cursor Legend", it should disappear on the example program.  You can also highlight it and move it.  If this shipping example also gives you problems with the cursor box, we may need to perform a repair on LabVIEW. 

Regards,

Nadim R
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,682 Views)
I opened "programmatically controlled cursors.vi", and i cannot move the box mentioned above. It appears to be directly linked to the main graph. (i.e. when i moves the main graph, the diamond selector box moves as if it is attached a fixed distance away)

This box will disappear if iturn off the cursor legend, but i also lose my cursor legend box!. I can try re-installing labview, but this is a recent installation, (about a week ago).

It'd be nice if NI could open a copy of labview Version 8.2, and see if they can move this diamond box around in the stated VI. If they can, i'll try reinstalling labview and see if that works.

Greg S.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,675 Views)
Ok, I think I see what you mean. I can't move that box either just by clicking on it to move it. Whenever I hover near the edge, I only get the hand pointer.

2 solutions:

-Hold shift and right-click. Select the move tool (simple arrow pointer). Now you can move it regularly.

-Select the box by clicking and dragging a box around it. Now you can move it with the arrow keys on the keyboard.

This is a weird behavior for this box, and I could see how you think it would be a bug. See if you can do either of those solutions.
Message 6 of 7
(2,671 Views)
Ah that worked! Thanks alot!
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,663 Views)