LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior of Multi column List box Background Color based on User logged in

Solved!
Go to solution

@MarkTTHSAS wrote:

Some great suggestions here!  I like the possibility that the time is being reported incorrectly based on the user - that had never previously crossed my mind! - but it is the most obvious explanation.  

If it looks like a duck...

...it could very well be a decoy.  😉

Side note:

I always thought duck decoys looked so fake... until I saw one next to a real duck and the real duck looked just as fake!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 11 of 14
(331 Views)

I looked at the date formats for the two users and as far as I can see they are identical...  This was in Control panel --> Clock and region --> Change Date time or number formats.  Is there another location which could impact the format?  

I looked at the DSN settings to see if the format reported back from SQL Server could be different, but nothing jumps out.  Is there a setting here which would impact how the date is returned?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(308 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:
You should add some code to debug.  Put a separate indicator in like an array of booleans that show the results of the decision logic as to whether the background should be pink or not.  This will help you to determine if it is a logic error or a graphic error in LabVIEW.

Have you done this? Seems like a solid next step. Maybe also put an indicator for the system time you are comparing all the other times to.

Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(305 Views)

Finally got to this!

The date format turns out to be the issue.  Even though it was being displayed in my multicolumn listbox in the correct format (YYY-mm-dd) it was coming back from SQL server in the default format of the user (mm/dd/yy) and hence my logic was not working.

Thanks for all the help!   

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(278 Views)