LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behavior in LabVIEW palette

Hi all,

I am writing a LabVIEW API for a device that my company is developing.  Just today, I noticed there were "X"s in the lower left-hand corner of the VI icon in my palette.  What does this mean?  I've never seen this behavior before.  The VIs can still run properly though.

Couple of clues that might help:

1. These VIs are linked to a common typedef that I use to define one of the inputs.  I tweaked the typedef a little last night.

2. These VIs are linked by a common lvlib, however I don't think I've changed the linking structure of the lvlib.

Baffled.  Truly baffled.  I'll try installing my API on another computer to see if the same syndrome pops up.

-John Wu

Riobotics Consulting

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,925 Views)

Think I found out what's going on.  These VIs that are being referred to from the palette are being embedded in a lvlib, which is also embedded in another lvlib.  Usually when LabVIEW has trouble linking to VIs, I find it's because of the lengthy file path that's being referenced.  For example, in my case, the path would be C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\user.lib\<XXX API>\<YYY function>\<ZZZ.lvlib>\<AAA.lvlib>\<something.vi>.  That's a real long path for LabVIEW to swallow.  I've ripped out some of the nested lvlibs and the crosses seemed to disappear (for now.)  Will keep everybody posted.

-John

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,891 Views)