From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Bug in Source Distribution Build

1. Using LV 2018*, Run the buildspec in the project in the attached .zip file.
  2. Close the project.
  3. Under the destination folder, open “4.7 Analog Front End Test.vi”.
  4. This subVI paul_cardinale_0-1580388454565.png "Get Aux Value from Name(s).vim" has been converted into an express VI.  Why is this happening?
  5. Open it & look in the BD:  The subVI paul_cardinale_1-1580388454567.png "Insert_PossibleReason_In_Error.vi" is wrongly linked: It’s linked to the original source, not to the copy under the destination folder.  What's causing this?  Obviously I need this to be properly linked.

.*In LV 2019 it fails, but in a completely different way.  But for now, I need to get this out in LV2018.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,678 Views)

I tried it but am missing the file "C:\Common\Error Handling\Insert_PossibleReason_In_Error.vi", so I deleted that and ran the build spec and got the same thing you did- it's showing up as an ExpressVI.

It's interesting to note that, despite your setting for Dependencies to be "Include if referenced", the vim doesn't actually get created in the source distribution. If you manually set it to be "Always Included", it'll put it in the distribution but it still doesn't seem to link it correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,599 Views)