LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain measurement using 9237 and cDAQ 9172

I am trying to measure strain using a 9237 and cDAQ 9172.
The strain gage is connected to 9945 (Red wire to EX+, White to IN+ and Black to QTR terminal also tried connected the white and black to IN+ terminal).
The 9945 is connected to 9237 quarter bridge strain measurement module on a cDAQ 9172. I have two 9237 on the cDAQ 9172.
The device passes the test in MAX.
The problem is I cannot read the strain value.
Can anyone help me please?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,397 Views)

I don't have experiance with this but just thought of sharing the link  Webinar on sensor measurement going to be conducted by NI. That would really help you.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,392 Views)

Hi jujare,

In the VI you attached, you don't have the bridge configuration set up. The default is full bridge I, so if you have a quarter or half bridge wired up, that is one reason you could be getting bad data. I'd suggest you take a look at "Cont Acq Strain Samples(With Calibration)-NI 9237.VI" in the Example Finder. It shows the configuration for bridge type and has some handy wiring diagrams. You could also add controls to your vi to set the bridge configuration if you'd prefer.

If your strain gauge only has three wires, it's probably a half or quarter bridge. A full bridge needs at least four wires.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,379 Views)