LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain gauge simulation

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello GerdW,

 

In this case  I can use simulated DAQ select strain and add waveform graph record.

 

But looking like that is very simple will only require two blocks to complete point 3 if I understood right.

 

Best Regards

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(170 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

 


@Gusqui wrote:

In this case  I can use simulated DAQ select strain and add waveform graph record.

But looking like that is very simple will only require two blocks to complete point 3 if I understood right.


When you stick with ExpressVIs then you need just two functions.

When you want to impress your teacher you should go with DAQmx functions - as explained in all those example VIs coming with LabVIEW!

 

Btw. as your task description talks about "measuring voltage signal" you should NOT select "strain" in the DAQAssistent! (Again: re-read your homework description very carefully!)

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
Message 12 of 22
(166 Views)

Dear GerdW,

 

Understood, I am just running out of ideas.

 

I can simulate the voltage from the simulated DAQ  but how this can be compared to the output voltage of a Wheatstone bridge ?

 

Best Regards,

 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(163 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

 


@Gusqui wrote:

I can simulate the voltage from the simulated DAQ  but how this can be compared to the output voltage of a Wheatstone bridge ?


You cannot compare the simulated voltage signal of a simulated DAQ device with a real signal of a real bridge-type sensor!

(That comparison is not part of your homework description. Re-read the description carefully!)

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
Message 14 of 22
(155 Views)

Hello GerdW,

 

Point 2 What should I consider adding to my circuit before connecting it to a Daq device ? Which device ?

 

Point 3 design and implement a VI to acquire the output voltage using a simulated Daq device.

 

I assume the output voltage will be simulated by the simulated DAQ device right ? therefore I just need to add waveform block ?

 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(152 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

 


@Gusqui wrote:

Point 2 What should I consider adding to my circuit before connecting it to a Daq device ? Which device ?

 

Point 3 design and implement a VI to acquire the output voltage using a simulated Daq device.

 

I assume the output voltage will be simulated by the simulated DAQ device right ? therefore I just need to add waveform block ?


I guess your teacher taught you about basic bridge measurements, or you got a book on electrical measurements to read on!

 

Point 2:

Did you try to select a DAQ device on your own? Which ones would you prefer? Why would you prefer them?

What have you learned about measurements using bridge-type sensors? What does your books tell you about it?

 

Point 3:

I did point you on those example VIs coming with LabVIEW/DAQmx? Did you open them already? Which one of them did you look at?

 

What is a "waveform block"? Until now you refused to attach any VI of yours at all - and you are not even able to read the exact function names in the context help window…

 

What have you tried so far?

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(136 Views)

Dear GerdW

 

I don't have any DAQ device.

 

Best Regards,

 

Gustavo

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(134 Views)

Hello GerdWW,

 

 

Getting back to your question.

 

A perfect balance  Wheatstone bridge the voltage output should be 0 where one of arms resistor would be replace by a strain gauge in this case the bridge is not balance anymore therefore when stress is applied the rate will change where can be measured from the voltage output.

 

Best Regards,

 

Gustavo

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(131 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

 


@Gusqui wrote:

I don't have any DAQ device.


But it's your job (aka homework task) to select a DAQ device!

Did your teacher present you a possible range/selection of DAQ devices to choose from?

Best regards,
GerdW


using LV2020 on Win8.1+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(113 Views)

Dear GerdW,

 

No, 

 

I am not sure what DAQ device to select.

 

All the best.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(83 Views)