Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain gauge simulation

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Friends,

I am new to LabVIEW.

I would really appreciate if someone could help to complete those simples task.

All the best 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(2,094 Views)

So did you already do everything else except point #3? How did that go?

If you are new to LabVIEW, there are great training resources listed on the top of the forum.

We don't solve problems that look like homework, but we are willing to answer specific question if you get stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(2,076 Views)

Dear Altenbach,

Thank you for looking at this.

I am at point 3 now.

• I used DAQ acquire signals strain and external . But not sure if this right

Point 3 ask to create VI  to acquire the output voltage ? how can I create Wheatstone bridge ? so far as I know is not possible to create such thing on LabVIEW so how I am supposed to create VI to acquire the output voltage.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(2,039 Views)

Hi Gusqui,

@Gusqui wrote:

I am at point 3 now.

• I used DAQ acquire signals strain and external . But not sure if this right

Point 3 ask to create VI  to acquire the output voltage ? how can I create Wheatstone bridge ? so far as I know is not possible to create such thing on LabVIEW so how I am supposed to create VI to acquire the output voltage.

Re-read your homework description!

• At point 1 you should have drawn a schematic of your Wheatstone bridge: by doing so you should know how to create that bridge by now!
  • You don't create that bridge "on LabVIEW", but using real resistors, real copper wires and maybe a real PCB!
  • To learn about VIs for voltage measurements you should look into the example VIs coming with LabVIEW/DAQmx…
  • When you are "not sure if this is right" then you should attach your VI so we can examine it… (Again: we will not do your homework for you! Please attach what you have done so far!)
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(2,035 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thank you for the support.

I understood the task but the problem I cant connect anything to real PCB everything must be done over LabVIEW.

Best Regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(2,027 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

@Gusqui wrote:

I understood the task but the problem I cant connect anything to real PCB everything must be done over LabVIEW.

You cannot build a real Wheatstone bridge using software like LabVIEW. You need to build that bridge using hardware…

Your homework description doesn't mention to "simulate a Wheatstone bridge"! All it says is "measure the bridge's output voltage"! That's the only thing you need to implement with LabVIEW…

I repeat: "Re-read your homework description!"

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(2,024 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thank you for the support.

A simulated DAQ device can not be the solution ?

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(2,012 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

@Gusqui wrote:

A simulated DAQ device can not be the solution ?

A simulated DAQ device is part of the homework (read item 3 and 4!) - and so it is part of your solution!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(2,007 Views)

Dear GerdW,

Thank you for the information.

If understood right even with a simulated DAQ device we still require to have the Wheatstone bridge on a real PCB to capture the output voltage of the bridge to be transferred to LabVIEW right ?

Best Regards,

Gustavo

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(2,003 Views)

Hi Gustavo,

@Gusqui wrote:

If understood right even with a simulated DAQ device we still require to have the Wheatstone bridge on a real PCB to capture the output voltage of the bridge to be transferred to LabVIEW right ?

No, with a simulated DAQ device you don't need any real hardware!

All you will get is a simulated voltage signal, looking much like a sine wave…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(1,999 Views)