From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain Measurement trigger with NI PXI-5101 Digitizer

I am trying to run a measurement with the NI PXI 5105 where I trigger the measurement using the rising edge of the strain signal.I would also like to use the rising edge of this signal from the digitizer to trigger a digital TTL output to start a camera recording the test. The camera receives it signal through an NI PXIe-6361 via an SCB-68A terminal block using and BNC connector. I have been trying to do this by using the strain gauge 'address' as the trigger source but have had a series of errors which I can post if necessary. After not being able to get this to work with the different techniques I tried I'm starting to wonder if this is even possible or the equipment has these features. I am looking for any guidance to get this method to work or just clarification as to whether the cards have these features. Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,363 Views)

If you look at the HELP documentation that is installed with the NI-SCOPE driver, the PXI-5105 can both received and send triggers through specific channels (see image below).

PXI-5105 trigger.JPG

Have you tried using some of the examples in the example finder?

Path: Hardware Input and Output > Modular Instruments > NI-SCOPE (High-Speed Digitizers) > General

I’m not sure what you question is specifically at this point.  Are you trying to send or receive a trigger from the PXIe-5105? Can you include more detail (error screen-shots, VIs, triggering diagrams, etc.)?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,264 Views)