LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing time-stamped sample values in TDMS

I want to store time-stamped sample values in my TDMS file and I want to do it right.

Presently, I read a set of values from one instrument, log those values, go to the next instrument, log those values, etc. for each of the 20 instruments of various types that I have.  Since the actual time that the samples are acquired varies, I wish to include the sample time for each value.  Is there a proper way to do this in the TDMS file format?  I thought about storing the time in one channel while storing the 25 channels I acquire from the first instrument but I'm not certain this is the best way.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,157 Views)

Hi kc64,

The usual way is to store the time stamp values in another TDMS channel. For example, if you have the data channel with the 1,000 values from the instrument, you can get the time stamp value for each data value and store the 1,000 time stamp values in another channel. Another way is, if your time interval is all the same, you can store the beginning time and the interval value as the channel properties.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,127 Views)