From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing sine wave data for later generation

currently, i'm storing data from a simple sine wave generated the waveform generator. i'm doing this by converting the sine wave from dynamic data and just putting these into a numerical indicator for the front panel. what i would like to do is store this data in an array, and at a later time in the execution, release this data to create the sine wave. i'm not quite sure how to do this, but i'm thinking i can store the data with a time count in a 2d array, then release that as a waveform. is there a better way to do this? for now, i'm just generating another identical sine wave for release, which is fine, but for demonstration purposes it would be great to use the actual data from the original sine wave.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,277 Views)
You can't possibly be storing a sine wave in a numerical indicator. A numeric is a single value. If you have it already as a dyncamic data tyep (ugh), why would you even want to convert it and why would you even need to write it to an indicator. Keep the data in the wire and pass that to wherever you want to use it. If necessary, use a shift register or perhaps a queue.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,272 Views)

Hello,

You can later pass that array to the Build Waveform.vi.

Regards,

Anna K.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,251 Views)