LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing data in a new excel sheet for each loop count

I have a data acquisition code that takes data from the oscilloscope and saves it in an excel file.

The oscilloscope has to take data at different instants(at each loop count). At each instant, the data gets appended to the same excel sheet. I just wanted to know if there is a way so that each time the data gets stored in a new excel sheet......

If I run the vi again, the data is stored in a new excel sheet. But in a single run of the vi, all the data is always stored in a single excel sheet. Can anyone please help me with this??

Thanx. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,523 Views)

How are you saving to a spreadsheet?  With the write to spreadsheet vi or are you using the report generation toolkit?  Post some code, you will get a better response.

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,521 Views)
If you use the report generation toolkit you can use the "Excel Add Worksheet" VI to create a new worksheet. You can also rename them with the rename worksheet function if you choose. If you're not using the toolkit things become slightly more complicated. Let us know...
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,517 Views)

i have used write to measurement file.

An image of a part of the code is attached.

thanx... 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,506 Views)