From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store data in dynamic buffer

Hello,

I'm acquaring a blood pressure signal and I would like to integrate it from one heart beat until the next beat occure, and so on.

I made a subVI which tells me when the peaks occure and gives me their timestamps.

I will need to calculate the integral of this signal between the two peaks, in real time. So after each pulse, I will get a numeric value representing the integral.

The best way to do that is to store the data in a buffer and overwrite it at each peak? If yes, how can I do that?

If I store the data in a numeric array, will I lose the timestamps of each voltage data?

signals.jpg

For now since I can't use the sensors, I'm simulating the signal with a sine wave at 1Hz. The BPM detection and timestamps work perfectly; 60 BPM.

Screen Shot 2014-12-11 at 10.33.58.png

I'm getting the dynamic data for the blood pressure signal as you can see.

The boolean "Pulse" is true everytime there is a peak in the ECG.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,722 Views)

I guess saving data to a binary file, then read it at each pulse is not an efficient way.

Please tell me if there is something unclear on the description, I'll explain it again.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,674 Views)

Hi simo,

why don't you stick with your original thread?

I already told you how to store data! Use shift register(s)! (And stay away from DDT…)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,662 Views)