LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping analog input when analog output is complete and synchronization

Hi

I'm trying to get my LabVIEW program to send an analog output voltage to a machine and read an acceleration using the cDAQ-9184. The output chassis I'm using is the NI 9263 and the input chassis is the NI 9234. I generate a white noise signal using LabVIEW's express signal generator.

The first problem I have is synchronization. I had a old VI that started measuring the acceleration roughly a second after the input was given to the machine. I used LabVIEW's tutorial on how to synchronize the analog input and output, only to find out that it doesn't work with two different chasses. Then I found another tutorial that showed how to synchronize different chassis with each other.

The second problem is the termination of the LabVIEW program. What I want it to do is to generate the signal and then simultaneously send and read the analog inputs and outputs, respectively. This is because I don't want a phase difference or any shorter signals to achieve direct comparison. But as soon as the signal is done being sent to the machine, I want the analog input to stop reading and then then the LabVIEW program must stop. I want to be able to choose any length of signal to be generated and stop everything once the entire time length of the signal has been sent to the machine.

I have tried "DAQmx stop", "DAQmx timing" and "DAQmx is task done?" and none of them have worked for me. This is also my first time posting on a forum, so I hope I've given enough information. I Have attached my VI as well.

I would really appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks in advance

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,411 Views)