From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop waiting for analog trigger

Solved!
Go to solution

I took a stab at what Bert was talking about - the branching of the task. Any bets on whether it'll work when I finally get my hardware thru the bureaucracy?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(256 Views)

Well I finally got my hardware in (a 9205 in a cDAQ USB chassis). I'm running DAQmx 19.  My simple goal is for this little vi to wait until I get a falling edge through about -0.050 volts, than grab some samples on the same channel.  I realized that I need to use a "Start Analog Edge" instead of "Reference" like I was before.

Now, THE PROBLEM - no matter what analog value I give DAQmx Trigger, it won't wait for more than a second or 2 before "falsely" triggering.  For testing, I'm using a high quality HP variable power supply, and I've verified the differential voltage at input 0 with a good Fluke meter.   I've also verified using NI-MAX Test Panels that the voltage at the card input is solid, and what I think it should be.  I've given the DAQmx Trigger function all sorts of crazy trigger values, -10V, +10V, it doesn't matter - it always just waits a second or 2 or 3, then breezes on thru as if it had received a valid trigger.

I got the brilliant idea for how to terminate the vi when the app shuts down from DAQmx Trigger from Bert McMahan, BTW.  I *think* it actually works.

So there might be a problem with creating 2 separate tasks that use the same input channel - I'll fix that tomorrow by jumpering the channel 0 input over to the channel 1 input.  Could that be my problem maybe?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(228 Views)