LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop motor from moving at certain point in labview

Well, we are using two andymark motors with gearboxes on them to lift a mechanism on our robot. But we wanted to know how we could place a code in labview that won't allow our motors to go up anymore after a few seconds or go down anymore after a few seconds. This is done to limit the movement of the mechanism so it doesn’t break. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,493 Views)

Hi,

If you have an encoder for the motor, you can measure the position of your motor angle and stop the motor once it reaches the position. If you don't you have to drive the motor and stop it after a time delay using the time delay functions in LabVIEW.

Regards,

Message 2 of 7
(2,939 Views)

I like the time delay idea more because our motors will have to complete more than one rotation. Now how would I go about using the time delay thing. Like where would that connect to?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,939 Views)

For example, you can set motor speed and wait for 100ms and set 0 speed then. Adjust the time delay by experience.

Capture.PNG

Message 4 of 7
(2,939 Views)

So would I be-able to connect a button to that fuction and have that button preform that tast when i hit it?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,939 Views)

Yes, if you are running the VI on PC host, you can put the above code inside the value change event case of the button in an Event struct.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,939 Views)

May I mention i'm still at basic level labview. That sounds pretty hard. Would I be able to upload my code and you implant that for me? Or could you give me detail instructions? Or teamviewer?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,939 Views)