From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Interval Scanning for Fluke 2638A

Hello,

I am trying to create a DAQ VI for Fluke 2638A that measures temperature every 15 minutes and logs data in an Excel file. I created a producer/consumer architecture for this VI. 

During the 15 minute interval (900s), how can I have the user press the Stop button and end the program? I would like to interrupt the Wait for Scan Complete subVI since this is where it stays during the interval.

I am thinking of an event structure where the stop button is pressed, and sends a signal to the FL 2638 Abort Scanning subVI. I am unsure on this approach.

Another idea is to modify the Wait for Scan Complete subVI and add an event structure for the Stop button.

Please let me know if there are better ways to do this VI or any comments that I can learn from.

Fluke_2638A.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,128 Views)

For information on a better alternative to the queue-based pattern, start here.

http://www.notatamelion.com/2014/10/07/build-a-proper-labview-produceconsumer-pattern/

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,108 Views)

Hi mikeporter,

Thank you very much for your post. I will keep it in mind. 

I decided to stay with the current format and was able to stop the Hydra 2638A during the 15 minute interval by implementing an Event structure in the producer loop. The event structure has a timeout of 500ms where it checks if the buffer has read a value. Then uploads the queue if there is a value. Another event structure detects if the user has pressed the Stop button.

What do you think of this? Any improvements I can make or suggestions to my VI with the current format? Critiques? I want to learn from any mistakes.

I will move forward and implement a file output function in the consumer loop where I will create an Excel report.

Thank you.

Edit: Attached VI

Fluke_2638ARev5.png

Fluke_2638ARev5_2nd.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,042 Views)