LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still Trust NI ?

Dear all

We were using Labview for about 20 years now.

My fundamental question is if it is now really neccesarry to move to Visual studio faster than planned ?

The reason of my question is that instead of making technical anouncments and telling us what they have planned we just see that they want to have more money for their products.

In the past I was a big fan of LabVIEW NXG and expected a great thing.

Now we know that it das been stopped and almost nothing of the good features went to "normal Labview"

We have absolutely no idea if NI(in Labview) will ever support modern UI technologies or other up to date technolgies like .NET6, IOT, etc.

Not a single word on the future plans of LV.

We want to have technical information and not management blahblah wich typically does not tell you the real truth (like on the benefits of subscription model)

I would like to have a estimate roadmap for LV from the NI side as it was existing for NXG. (even with some estimate dates) 

Currently we sould pay for a subscription wihout any knowledege of evolution plans for the future.

Even the dates of release are changeing all the time (ok the management will tell you a the always welcome "Covid" story as the real reason "but in the meantime nobody belives the COVID story any longer)

So when will LV2021SP1 be released, what are the improvements ? (etimate date within a timeframe of 2-3months are enough)

When will LV2022 be released ? (what are the really new features what are the benefits "not telling that the size of bundle cluster has been changed" or a support of 15 new emojs has been added "these additional features are no features but awfull maketing statements even not worth to change the version number)

Sorry for my emotions but since I read all this subscription stuff i am really not sure to move all our developement towards VS or something similar.

Thank you for your input.

Gernot Hanel
IONICON Analytik Gesellschaft m.b.H.
Message 1 of 6
(1,718 Views)

Hi Gernot,

It will take NI to comment on the roadmap and future releases but 2021 SP1 is actually already released. Its on the download page and the release notes are at https://www.ni.com/en-gb/support/documentation/release-notes/product.labview.html#version-2021-sp1

Cheers,

James

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,669 Views)

I agree, with the PR nightmare that the subscription service has become, NI needs to release a roadmap ASAP. They had one for NXG and it made me excited to one day switch (once it implemented the last handful of features I needed). Hopefully they can generate some excitement for regular LV as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,620 Views)

I trust them to take my money, thats about it 🙂 

what a cluster, if I could migrate our systems quickly enough to something else I probably would. just dont have the time to do so.. so locked in I suppose we are, but I dont like it.

Sr Test Engineer at American Innovations - LabVIEW CLA - Kudo's are appreciated!!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,607 Views)

@nottilie wrote:

I would like to have a estimate roadmap for LV from the NI side as it was existing for NXG. (even with some estimate dates) 

So when will LV2021SP1 be released, what are the improvements ? (etimate date within a timeframe of 2-3months are enough)

When will LV2022 be released ?

The roadmap is coming.  I have seen a preliminary version of it.  No, I can't share it.  I have probably already stated too much.

As already stated, LabVIEW 2021SP1 has been released for about a month now.

This is not a commitment from anybody, but I have heard rumors of LabVIEW 2022 being released in Q3 (July, August, September timeframe).  And that is all I have heard about it (no clue on features or even if a beta will happen).

These are probably not satisfying answers, but that's the info I have.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(1,606 Views)

LabVIEW Roadmap posted here: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-Roadmap-2022/td-p/4218319

Eric Reffett | Director, Product Management | 1.512.683.8165 | ni.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,451 Views)