LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for Running and Calibrating the Stepper Motor in LabView

Try running your vi with Execution Highlighting turned on.

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(392 Views)

Any Suggestion on this.

Earlier, I used the simple LabVIEW program and I was able to see the response from the motor. Now its not responding even, its more weird that its start to move in discrete way for AL only commands. Most of the time it shows no response to other commands and as well no shaft movements observed. Its really frustrating that motor is responding to it software (SCL Configurator) for the same com port and for same command. I have applied aforementioned troubleshooting and none of them been successful yet. Moreover, never understand the protocol for getting the response from the simple stepper motor using RS232 cable. In my program, I  am using the carriage return, delay time, configure my serial port, restart the motor, connected to the correct com port and all the methods. Still my motor only respond proper to all the same command from the software and not from the my LabVIEW program!! Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(387 Views)

When some other program works, and yours doesn't, then it comes down to figuring out what is different.

Try using a program like Wireshark to sniff the communication data while you are using the manufacturer's program.  It might show you something else is going on.  Then try using it while using your LabVIEW VI and compare the two results.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(382 Views)

I meant to mention this earlier, but I think I forgot.

Don't use the "Run Continuously" button (I think here you are using it - image from an earlier post of yours).

image.png

Just click the Run button (to the left) and let it run once. If you get everything working, you can build an application that runs for longer later (e.g. with Event Structure, loops, whatever) as discussed in a different thread.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(368 Views)

Thanks Cbutcher,

I tried that, Still It doesn't matter, I am not sure what exactly the problem is. If there is really Com problem  then it must not also respond from the Device software (SCL command) but it does. Do you have any program for cleansing the multiple resource port or to check multiple port is responding? I can try to run that and later on my program to check if there is any difference/. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(341 Views)

Hello,

I am wondering whether you get any success with this? I am trying to control the STP-MTRD-23065 motor with controller and having troubles reading the response from the motor.

I can communicate with the device through the software.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(276 Views)