From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepper Motor Example

Hi guys,

I am trying to rotate my stage with the Big Easy Stepper Motor Driver and Arduino Uno Board. The arduino was not performing in my larger program, so I wanted to make sure I could move it with the Stepper Motor Example. However I continue to get errors (5002 and 5003). I am fairly new to Arduino and have never used it with LabVIEW, so I attached the setting for the pinning that was done by another student. I believe I am entering the incorrect Stepper # and corresponding Stepper Pins array. I don't believe the issue is the USB connection, but could be wrong. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(798 Views)

Update: The pins connected are 2 and 3. I am selecting that as my pins with stepper # set at 2, correspondingly. I am now getting this error (-1073807298) in the program. I tried a build from a youtube video I found, so I will link that new VI down below. I also ran the port the Arduino UNO is connected to in computer (COM5 as my computer says) and get the same error when I run it through a property node. Please let me know if there are any ways to fix this and what may be the cause of such a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(752 Views)

Check the Link below, It may be useful for your Error 5003

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Interface-for-Arduino/Arduino-Labview-Error-5003/td-p/3840927 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(727 Views)