From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped Limit Lines

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey I'm looking to create limit lines for an insertion loss test. The spec limits to be used come from a string containing (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) basically meaning a .34 limit line @ 1, a .82 limit line @10, etc...essentially creating a segmented or stepped spec line. Any direction on how I might be able to do this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,536 Views)

How to do what?  You haven't told us how LabVIEW plays into this.

Are your questions about interfacing with the hardware?  How to display lines on a graph?  How to architect an entire application for you based on a few sentence specification?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,524 Views)

This link should be of use to you.  Happy drawing!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 15
(3,513 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

How to do what?  You haven't told us how LabVIEW plays into this.

Are your questions about interfacing with the hardware?  How to display lines on a graph?  How to architect an entire application for you based on a few sentence specification?

I think he just wants to plot some S-Param data with some limit lines.  I'm assuming in and out of band specs.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 4 of 15
(3,508 Views)

I have a string coming in from a SQL database, that string contains specs in dB with corresponding frequencies. I was wondering if possible there was a way to take each value from that string in order to create an array that will later be used to create spec lines for my insertion loss test....in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,501 Views)

I'm no expert with SQL, but it should be very easy to do that.  I'm guessing you're having trouble with the SQL part?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,483 Views)

No I'm not having trouble with SQL, I'm able to pull the string with the specs. My issue is I dont know how to take the values (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) contained in the string and break them into each individual spec value.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,407 Views)

Hi Zz,

use SpreadsheetStringToArray, then Decimate1DArray to get X and Y components…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 8 of 15
(3,401 Views)

GerdW,

Thats what I had thought to use originally(minus the decimate 1d array). I used the spreadsheet string to array function followe by the decimate 1D array. the string  (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) enters into the spreadsheet string to array function, and then outputs 0...as if nothing was even inputted. Attached is a screen shot of my setup as well as probes documenting the data flow.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,391 Views)
You have to specify the correct delimiter for the string to array function. The default is a tab, which you don't have in the string. Please turn on Context Help and leave it turned on.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,375 Views)