LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StellarNet Spectrometer Init, Read, Close - Error 1

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use a StellarNet BLK-C-SR-50 Spectrometer to take scope measurements with Labview. I have a demo program that came with it that's supposed to do this. When I run it, however, I get the following error message:

Error 1 occurred at Config Data Registry.vi [get section]: invalid object 2863661057 

but I don't see anything wrong with the input parameters. I've attached the .llb (and a picture of what appears to be the trouble sub vi. Labview indicates that the icon on the far right is the one returning the error) because I'm not actually sure how to extract specific vis from the library... I've also tried contacting the StellarNet support staff but haven't gotten any help from them.

Thanks for any help. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,252 Views)

Can you post the .ini file as well?

I don't see anything wrong with the Config File read other than the fact that it uses the 8.6 version of Open Config Data.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,247 Views)

Yes, here it is.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,242 Views)

Taki is right on top of things!

The transition from 8.6 to 2009 saw a complete rewrite of the config file API (and much improved behavior, for the most part- blank lines get tossed now and that makes me sad sometimes)

For you this means that when you open the file in a 8.6 compatabliity the guts of the 2009 queue that stores the file data don't get populated.  you simply cannot mix 8.6 and 2009 config file operations.  use the new API or the old API but don't mix them, you'll get funny errors if you doSmiley Wink)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomCooper

It looks like the folks at StellarNet did a poor job of packaging the llb.

If you replace the Open Config Data, Read Key and Close Config Data functions with the ones from vi.lib, everything should work ok.

I think they should have excluded the vis in vi.lib when they built their llb.  As it stands now, I think there are linkage issues.

Edit:  Jeff's got the better explanation of what I suspected.

Message 5 of 9
(4,235 Views)

In stellar net's defense- they didn't have warning on the API revision.  They would probably appreciate a call to warn them about 2009 and later compatability issues. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,231 Views)

Wow, thank you for such detailed (and prompt) answers! I already left the lab today but will try your suggestions tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,225 Views)

where can i find the vi. lib... they just send me the llb file over email.. can you upload them here? 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,343 Views)

Hi soumendras,

Since this post was resolved a few years ago, I would recommend starting a new forum post with additional details pertaining to your question so that it can be more visible and will be more likely to be resolved.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,329 Views)