LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State machine and continous measurement

Hello,

Propably this is stupid question, but i don't know how to do a continous measurement in state machine. What I want is to have a continous measurement of pressure which is independent of state machine which controlls some tanks. I use JKI template. Measurment of pressure is paused when the state machine is in Event Structure. Is there any solution for this? JKI.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,445 Views)

@JackAPV wrote:  What I want is to have a continous measurement of pressure which is independent of state machine which controlls some tanks.

Then put the measuring in a parallel loop.  You can use a Queue, Notifier, or Global Variable to pass the data to your state machine loop.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,441 Views)

Make the event-structure timeout something other than -1 ("wait forever").   Set it to zero (or 100ms, or whatever), and you can use the timeout case to call your next measurement.

Don't, BTW, put your measurement code outside the case structure like that.  Put it in its own "Take Measurement" case.   And put your initialization code in an "Start measurement case".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,316 Views)