From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Diagram "Single Step" execution mode

Hello,

I am realtively new to LabView, at least the 8.0 version I am currently using. Used it when it first came out some xx years ago 🙂

I am using the State Diagram Toolkit to create a test vi. I am able to create a SubVI of the test vi. I did **not** have to unlock the generated code to do this, and I could still open the subvi diagram in the State Editor later.

However, if I in the State Diagram Editor select "Execution Mode" to "Single Step", then LabView 8.0 crashes when I save the vi.

Please help me on this one, as I would like to explore using subvi's developed using the State Diagram Toolkit and the Single Step execution mode.
(I have indeed searched without finding the solutiion to this problem)

Also, if anyone have an examples on how to use a "Single Step" subvi developed with the State Editor Toolkit, I would appreciate this !
(Especially how to return the next state from the subvi and use it in the next call)

Tips and examples appreciated !

Geir Ove
Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,470 Views)

Hello,

One more comment: Setting "Execution Mode" to "Single Step" crashes LV 8.0 when saving with the code locked. However, if unlocking it , LV does not crash.

Anyone know how I can get around unlocking the code to keep LV from crashing?

Geir Ove

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,458 Views)

Hello,

Is really nobody interested in or using the State Diagram Editor ?

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,427 Views)

Hi,

A work around has been found for the issue. If after changing the state diagram type to single-step, you make a change to the block diagram then you can save with out a problem. There are two easy ways of doing this.

1.  One is to add a new state to the state chart after changing the mode (this can be deleted after the save).
2.  The other is adding a Boolean constant to the block diagram (which can also be deleted after the save). Adding a control on the front panel or moving a label in the block diagram is not enough.

Regards,

Frode

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,396 Views)
Hi Geir Ove,

This was reported to R&D (# 3UEH206R) and was fixed in LabVIEW 8.20. Here is a link to the current evaluation software download for LabVIEW. Thanks!

Michael K. | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

Message 5 of 6
(3,381 Views)

Hello,

Thanks everyone for the heads up. I am busy modelling, and haven't had time to look here before late night today in Norway 🙂

Geir Ove
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,346 Views)