From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting up a Bosch Rexroth engine via LabView "The given data type and system type are not compatible."

Hello,

I am trying to start up a Bosch Rexroth KNV03 with KNK03 and KMS03 via LabView.

In order to start the engine connected with the KMS i need to start the internal power supply circuit. You have to do this manually by changing the parameters of the KMV in the IndraWorks-Software. 

I want to create a LabView program doing this job for me.

The program is planned like this:

- start connection to KMV

- edit the parameters

- end connection

You can find my program in the attachments. Everything is working so far, except that I cannot write the data into the parameter. Usually if you want to modify parameters, you choose the writeData VI, connect it with the parameter and put in the data you want to write in.

Here is the problem: if I create a new controlpanel to put in my data, it creates a double. As soon as I fill the panel with the values I want to put in, it says "The given data type and system type are not compatible.", although I can fill in the exact same data manually in IndraWorks.

Even if I connect the output of the readDataVI, that gives me the current value of a parameter, with the writeData input, it still delivers the same error.

I already tried several times using string, hex, binary as input, all resulting in the same as described above.

Looking forward for your suggestions!

Sincerely Leo2017

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,052 Views)

Hi Leo,

Unfortunately the attached VI is missing SubVIs, so all we see are boxes with question marks inside them. Can you attach a zip file with all SubVIs as well?

An easy way to do this is to go to "File >> Save for previous version...", create a new folder and put your files there. Then zip up that folder and attach it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,011 Views)