LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a new program with LabVIEW NXG 3.1.1 please help

I'm currently trying to build a new program to simple test with a tektronix DPO 2024 scope. 

Ch1 = Voltage signal across both samples thus is ch2 & ch3 is my current measurements

ch2 = Current Signal 1

ch3 = Current Signal 2

Also I'm trying to setup this test for 1000 hours of time with readings being recorded at 1/sec

An old labview program I had used a TDS 420A scope but I only could acquire CH1 Voltage and Ch2 current for one sample.

I do want to somehow get the same concept but I'm sure its going to be easier with nxg to make something new.

Here is a couple images of the Setup tab 

I only need to get rid of gpib using usb to this scope or ethernet 

vvesley_0-1580502208176.png

Data tab where I only need Voltage but I need current CH2 +pk -pk & ch3 +pk -pk Watts Sample 1 & on Sample 2

vvesley_1-1580502340651.png

I only program once in a awhile and help would be greatly appreciated...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,180 Views)

Hi vvesley,

Can you share the original VI? That would be a good starting point to help. You can also see if the Code Conversion Utility works for your application:

https://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/latest/migration/converting-code/

Another option is to start with some of the shipping examples if you want to start from scratch. There are several GPIB examples included in LabVIEW NXG. 

Thanks,
Frank

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,935 Views)

Thanks for responding my issue here is trying to eliminate old Tektronix TDS 420A & TDS430A oscopes. I currrently now have 2 units of DPO2024, 2-units of DPO3014, and 2 brand new MSO5 series 4 channel. This project I'm trying to use the Tek DPO-2024 two of these gives me 8 channels which is setup as follows...

DPO-2024 Oscope #1

CH 1 = Voltage Divider Signal

CH2 through C4 = Current Shunt signals, they are still voltage signals  across a 1kohm resistor

DPO-2024 Oscope #2

CH1 through C4 = Current Shunt signals, they are still voltage signals  across a 1kohm resistor

This will give me 8 channels total using 2 scopes

1-Voltage Divider Signal and the rest are shunt signals

This test I'm building has the same high voltage across 7 Stations, hence why I'm using 2 scopes.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,872 Views)

During the week I've been trying to setup a USB-6008 cheap daq that can create a Voltage signal out of AO1 and Current Shunt signal out of AO2.

Using Ohms law ELI the ICE man trick...

this is because I'm doing my work at 60Hz.

This is because our product is MOV's or Metal Oxide Varistors, the are capacitive until they conduct so I'm treating them like ICE man 

Voltage across a Resistor is in phase 0 degree phase shift watts should have a power factor of 1.00  and capacitor -90 degree phase should be a 0 power factor...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,869 Views)

I've attached progress today using a USB-6008, I know they aren't the greatest but moving from work to home its a simple cheap device with no clock on board. 

I've attached a Standard Resistor and Capacitor VI's I came up with and using a DPO-2024 how they worked and yes you have to use Averaging on the scopes I also sample and gate 3 60HZ AC line cycles for good Watts Loss readings.

Now I can actually try and make a new vi tester program...

Attached are codes and screen shots of my fake AC signal generator vi's....

STD Resistor:

vvesley_0-1581181842700.png

STD Capacitor:

vvesley_1-1581181901343.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,857 Views)