LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting 4 diffrent VIs with a loader works in LV but not when building them into a executable on the same machine

Hello,

I have 3 LV-Applications which should run indepently within the same Windows PID.

My solution was to build a loader which starts the Apps using the VI Server. With a simple test program this worked fine. As VI and as executable.

Now did the same thing with my real Apps. It is working in the development enviroment but not when I build different executeables and start those on the same machine.

The weird thing is that I can start 4 simple test Apps and ONE of my real Apps. It does not matter which I choose, both work. But they do not work together. It is always the second called real App which fails. It does not matter if  I put my test Apps before or inbetween or after the real Apps. All test Apps and one real App are working and the other real App does not.

The error message says Error 1003, VI not executeable.
The failed real Apps Front Panel shows a broken run arrow. When I click it, a message box appears and says Error 2002200, Labview Full Development System may solve the Problem.

if anybody has a hint it would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,630 Views)
Hi,

are you trying to run the same VI through the VI Server on both APPs?

I think you need to give some more information regarding the Apps and what you are running through the VI server.

Regards
Ray Farmer
Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,621 Views)
When I have done similar, I have had to add the VIs to the build as "dynamic VIs"... sorry if this is a trivial answer, but worth a shot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,617 Views)

1. Ray:

No, those are different Apps. One does some electrical Measurements using a PCIe 6259 with DAQmx 8.0, the other one a AOI App using IMAQ 3.5.1 and IMAQ for IEEE 2.0.2.  They could both also run as stand alone Apps. Both are using events a lot of sub VIs and standart functions from vi.lib. The VIs I want to call through the VI Server are the Top-Level VIs of those Apps. I only want to start them on the same Windows PID. Thats why I need the loader otherwise the Apps could be started through the Windows Autostart.

For understanding: I have created an exe for each App and one for the loader. The loader is started and calls the top level Vi within each exe.

2. Matt

They did not need to be included because they each has her own exe so they are the start up VI in their own exe.

Thank you for your quick reply

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,607 Views)

Hi

Are all supporting vi's where they should be on the development machine. LabVIEW will go looking for "misplaced" vi's but the run-time engine will not. "Vi not executable" is generally reported if a component (sub vi) of a top level vi cannot be found by the RTE

Hope this helps

Chris R

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,596 Views)