LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start and stop for motor at the gear-box?

The start and stop of the motor is based on the rpm meter with three states:

1. On--RUN  based on counter clockwse

2. Off--RUN based on clockwise

3. Stop

How I develop the VI with this logic?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,920 Views)

Its based on rpm meter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,915 Views)

This can be accomplished easily through the use of a case structure. Below is a link to an explanation of what case structures are and where to find an example.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/glang/case_structure/

Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,891 Views)

Still I am unable to understand the gear-box start and stop  which is based on rpm meter.

Hardware wiring consist of four connections connections, start/stop run based on the rpm meter.

I am using PXi1031 and Ni6251 daq board.

How can I develop the VI to run the motor in gear-box? I am usingh iG5A invertor to run the gear-box.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,857 Views)

As per the manual posted above the motor in the gear-box/invertor is turned on operates in forward direction and after turning off, it stops according to deceleartion time.It moves clockwise

and then the motor turns on the motor in reverse direction and after that turn off. Control the speed via potentiometer that is 1-5kohm 1/2W.

What does it mean? I am using Ni 6251 with 1to 5V.Hence I cannot develop VI logic to start and stop the gear-box? Please let me know its urgent.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,840 Views)

Please see the attached manual, picture, specs and my VI.

I am just reading & trying to find the solution as per the manual, there are three main control :

1. Clockwise Motor start and stop based on DO

2. Anti-Clockwise motor start and stop based on DO

3. Changing RPM of gear-box.

I tried to develop the VI but I do not understand the specs so well...seems coz of lack of knowledge in this field.

Do I need to change the rpm to run the gear-box? or I can set it to a stable value. I am so confused...Smiley Sad

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,785 Views)

@KRAZE4LV wrote:

Do I need to change the rpm to run the gear-box? or I can set it to a stable value.

I don't know.  What are your requirements?

Do you need to change it, do you need to vary it?  If you need to vary it, does it need to be by computer, or can you just have a physical potentiometer as shown on your diagram?  If it's a fixed speed, you may be able to just put in a potentiometer that you set once and don't touch again.  Or the controller may be advanced enough that you can tell it to run at a preset speed and ignore the potentiometer input channels.

I'm sorry, but I think you are in way over your head on this project and need to find some resources close to you and understand what your goals are to help you figure it out.  You are dealing with what I expect are high voltages (480VAC 3 phase power??) and a physical machine that is going to spin.  If you don't know what you are doing, either the electricity or the motion could seriously harm you or even kill you.  Do you have anyone in your company who can help?  Maybe you need to hire a contractor.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,780 Views)

Thank you for your concern! Yes I will hire the contractor/ technician to help me. He will fix the voltage issues.

I understand probably I also guessed it right that the rpm meter needs to be fixed at a stable value.

Well! I am not so good in understanding the manual provided to me and also its new to me.

But i have to make the VI based on the description:

1. Clockwise start and stop

2. Anti-clockwise: start & stop

3. Read the rpm value

Please can you modify the above VI I posted and give your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,774 Views)

I didn't say there were any voltage issues to fix.  I'm saying that you need to be careful with these voltages and with moving equipment.  If you don't know what you are doing, and you said yourself you are "so confused", you could be seriously hurt.

I don't know what you expect me or anyone else on the forums to be able to do for you.  You have 3 things listed there.  #1 and 2 Clockwise and counterclockwise start and stop are handled by writing to digital outputs that control the digital inputs of the drive.  It seems like your code has that.  #3  Read the RPM value.  Your code reads an analog voltage.

So right now it seems like your code is doing the 3 things you want it to do.

Are these things working?  What else do you want?

It seems like you either don't know what you want or don't know how to ask the questions.  You need to have a clear set of goals as to what you want your program to do.  But all of your questions to date are either "make me a VI" or "modify my VI" like the VI is your ultimate goal and not the operation of the equipment.

I apologize for being so blunt, but you've been asking the same sorts of questions for a couple months now and don't seem to have made much progress.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,758 Views)