LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start/Pause/Resume Data Acquisition with DAQ assistant within a while loop

Solved!
Go to solution

There are several ways to set up a state machine with several buttons as you want. However, I would suggest to go through the LabVIEW tutorials, since you are a complete beginner. It is a very slow way to learn such basics via this forum. This forum is much more efficient if you go thorugh FIRST the tutorials, and AFTER you ask questions here.

You can find free learning resources depending on your licence under this link (check links under section "Looking For Free Training"): https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-40451

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(1,647 Views)

Dear Blokk,

thanks for telling me who I am.

Regards,

ES

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,644 Views)

Hi ES,

I prefer to have three buttons: Pause - Acquire - Stop. I think it's easy do to this, how can I?

It gets easy once you use a "radio button"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,640 Views)

@Emanuele_S wrote:

Dear Blokk,

thanks for telling me who I am.

Regards,

ES

I am sorry if you took my advice as a negative thing. I just try to help you, so you can gain the maximum out from this discussion forum. I remember back when I was a beginner in LV programming, it helped a lot to go through the tutorials. Beleive me, it does not take too much time, and will help you to proceed much faster via your learning curve. I do not know if you can access the "self-paced" learning material (LabVIEW Core 1, Core 2), if so, I really recommend you to take those. Actually you are lucky, because just recently NI came out with new updated versions of these teaching videos!

edit: from the NI website:

"

LabVIEW Core 1 (v2015) 

The first step in any NI LabVIEW learning path, LabVIEW Core 1 gives you the chance to explore the LabVIEW environment, dataflow programming, and common LabVIEW development techniques in a hands-on format. In this course you will learn to develop data acquisition, instrument control, data-logging, and measurement analysis applications. At the end of the course, you will be able to create applications using the state machine design pattern to acquire, process, display, and store real-world data."
Message 14 of 16
(1,635 Views)

Whenever i am starting a new project like this i like to begin with the user interface.  It looks like youve got a chart and a numeric, which you replace with an enum you said.  Simply place your buttons on the front panel.  If you look under silve/boolean/buttons there is acutally some nicely decorated stop/paus/ play buttons for you.  You can always create a blank button for acquire or just change the boolean text on it. I think you still need to look into the state machine a little more.  Youve got the start of it, but your enum should be outside the while loop and you should connect it to a shift register.

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(1,629 Views)

Hi Blokk,

thanks. I am taking some time to do this today. I agree that if going through the course might look long at the beginning, it will help me save more time in the long term. Actually I attended a Labview course a couple of years ago, but as I have not used it a lot after that, so I  have forgotten most of the basic concepts unfortunately ...

Thanks for your advice.

ES

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(1,612 Views)