LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Path property not working properly in Executable

For the Start Path property in a File Dialog control I am puttinga  server adderss, for example: \\server_1\test_data

This works fine in the developement enviromnet, when I click the browse button it brings me to the exact path that I put in. But when I make it an executable it does'nt bring me to the path, it just dumps me to the default start path which in my case is my desktop... Not sure what is going on here. I did verify that the start path is indeed being set in the executable by reading it back...

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,164 Views)

I've not tested this but the LabVIEW help suggests it should work.

From Project explorer select My Computer Right-Click>Properties to launch the property dialog

untitled.PNG

Add the server to the machine access list

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,154 Views)

Hmmmm... Very strange, it seems to work now, without that solution Jeff. Don't know what is going on. The only thing I can think of, is that I kept rebuilding by executable to a directory under SVN. This time I wiped out the entire directory and built again.. Maybe there was some residual file that wasn't actually getting replaced when I kept rebuilding without clearing the area first... Not sure.

Thanks for input though Jeff, I will keep that in mind if I come across the issue again.

-Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,152 Views)

That's ok,  I think I was wrong anywaySmiley Sad after digging further into the help

Glad you got it working! 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,149 Views)