LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand-alone executable using web published variable and Dashboard

I am looking for the solution to figure out using web published shared variable in an application at the computer without Labview environment.  This stand-alone application could not publish the variable, which I consider I could receive using my smart phone through Dashboard.  The connection to the server failed. 

I can link the shareed variable using dashboard at computer with labview (2013) installed.

Can anyone help to provide suggestion? 

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,774 Views)
What did you include in the installer for the exe?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,765 Views)

Hi, Dennis,

Thanks for asking.  I include the library as well as shared variable in the project for the exe.  I figured out.  The computer (WinXP) has to set NO or disable firewalls.  Then  I received the variable using the IP address. 

But the second question is: I could not connect to the server using ip address like 10.0.0.2, if I am out of the locat network.  Where is the fixed IP address if I try to visit from outside.

Best regards,

Jian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,757 Views)
I asked about the installer you should have created after building the exe and what you should have used to deploy the exe.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,751 Views)

Dennis,

I did not build the installer.  In the properties of exe under the Build Specifications, I clicked the Shared Variable Deployment under Category and check "Deploy shared variable libraries at application execution".  It works.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,746 Views)
Then you deployed the exe on the same computer as the development system. That was unclear in your initial post.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,744 Views)

I meant that I run the exe at the same development computer (PC1)  and the connection to my dashboard is correct.  However, after I copy the exe folder to another computer (PC2) without Labview installed, I had the problem of connection to it through daskboard.  Right now, I understand that I have to disable the firewalls at the computer PC2, otherwise, firewalls will block the shared variable. 

Anyway, thanks for your replay.

Have a good night.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,728 Views)