LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand Alone Application with VISA

Hi all

What exactly do I need installed onto a computer that I'm trying to run a .exe built from LabView 2011? The .vi that it comes from calls on a VISA and so currently I have LabView Runtime Engine 2011 and Visa Runtime engine installed on target computer. 

The problem is that when I run the .exe it cannot locate the Visa. I've downloaded the VISA from National Instruments webpage and pasted into National Instruments\Labview 2001\instr.lib but no luck. 

Any help would be useful 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,334 Views)
That makes no sense. The VISA runtime engine would not be installed to that folder and you certainly would not paste it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Sorry, let me try to make it more clear

On target computer (which does not have LabView 2011 installed) I've installed the following things

-Labview Run Time Engine 2011 (LVRTE2011std.exe)

-Labview Visa Run Time (visa511runtime.exe)

The .Vi that I'm trying to change into a stand alone application observes an oscilloscope's waveform and does certain computation with it. I assume this means there is a VISA involved because the computer has to be able communicate with the oscilloscope.

When I run the .exe on target computer it is unable to communicate with the oscilloscope and gives me a message box "VISA Initialization Error". How do I fix this?

(The oscilloscope is a Tecktronix TDS 2001C )

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,322 Views)
Your instrument driver in the program uses the VISA api for communication. It would help if you provided the actual error code but it seems like a problem with the installation of the run time engine. Install MAX so you can do some testing. Try a repair and even try installing the full version of VISA.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,319 Views)