cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked waveform chart using waveform data type

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

Does anyone know if you can plot multiple waveforms (for the sake of argument let's say 2) on the same waveform chart and stack the plots?

The only information in the documentation I can find about plotting multiple waveform data type signals on a single chart says to build both waveforms into a 1D array and plot that on the chart. When I try that I get 2 overlayed plots, regardless of if I select overlay or stack plots.

The reason I'd like to do this is to display a stacked chart with a meaningful timestamp. I can get my signals to display on a stacked chart by bundling the signals, but then the x-axis displays the sample count rather than the time. I can set it to look like it's displaying time, but it actually just converts the sample count into a timestamp, so every 60 samples it thinks it a minute.

I figured waveforms would mitigate that problem since they have time data built in, but it doesn't seem to work.

I've attached a VI that demonstrates my problem and some screen caps to show what I'm looking at on my end.

Thanks in advance

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,187 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Roberteh

There is a trick to it. You have to start with overlay, then change the legend to as many "stacks" you want and then set to stacked. It is better explained in the attached VI.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Message 2 of 5
(3,134 Views)

You are not updating the T0.

Instead of build an array of the data, just throw the new update in a WF that has a new T0.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,132 Views)

Thank you! That did it

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,120 Views)

Hi,

Could you upload the same vi in 2015 version ?

Thank you,

Rolando

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,451 Views)