LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stacked chart legend scrollbar unresponsive

I have a stacked plot which I house in a tab control which is set to auto-size OFF.  I do this to prevent the legend from exceeding the height of the tab control when I add many signals, then I set the num rows property to a lower number to make the legend appear to fit.

When I do this during run time, the vertical scrollbar on the legend becomes unresponsive.  When the VI is stopped, the scrollbar becomes active again.

Why?

Is there a better way to constrain the legend size?

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,767 Views)
The problem is very likely the tab control. Tab controls have historically refused to play well with graphs.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,731 Views)

Wonderful....

I did notice that my CPU% was at 15% (LabView.exe).  After editing the VI in an area that wasn't even running (Error case that has yet to occur), the CPU went down to 1-2% and the control started responding.  Leaving it running overnight, the CPU went up to 7% with no change in the data I/O.  How I long for the predictability of the RT code on my PXIe system!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,699 Views)
Other things that can cause issues is if you use XControls they start executing as soon as they are places on a front panel. Also if you are using OO techniques, LabVIEW can be doing things in the background that can slow down editing for a bit.

In general, unless you want to simply use a tab control as a selection mechanism, its best to avoid them. Check out subpanels instead.

I hear you about predictability!

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,690 Views)

I am in fact using the tab simply to select.  I have a set of 10 stacked charts, a tab with some text talking about not being configured yet, and another tab with an expanded chart.  The selection occurs between the textual tab, the expanded tab, and an automatically chosen stacked chart tab.  All other tabs are disabled until a reconfiguration occurs requiring one of them.

The selection is automatic so I hide the tabs themselves from the user and only move between them based on specific events.

Can subpanels be used in the same way (Lying on top of one another)?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,680 Views)