LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting large UFF58b files

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been trying to open some UFF58b files in Signal Express.  Unfortunately with the larger files (300 - 500 MB)  the program crashes as soon as I try to review any of the waveforms.  The stored functions are short bursts of vibration data from 22 channels.  Is it possible to extract a set of 22 functions with the same timestamp using Signal Express?

Alternatively, what is the best way to extract a dataset using Labview?  I have been looking at the Data Storage VIs and can succesfully open the files with Open Data Storage (UFF58b).  Is it possible to set up a Query to select a particular Timestamp?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,426 Views)

Hello,

Would you be able to attach a small UFF58b file as an example of the dataset you are working with? From what I understand you wish to extract a value from each function for the same moment in time?

Kind Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,383 Views)

Hi

The attached UFF58 file shows one set of Time Waveforms for 22 sensors captured at the same time.

Please Note: I have renamed it as a txt file as uff is not recognised as a valid extension for an attachment.

The files I am working with contain 15000 - 18000 Time Waveforms (22 channels x 700 approx Time&Date (Record 3?))

Ideally, I would like to split the original file into 700 approx Time/Date files. This would allow me to view a block of all 22 channels relatively easily.

I don't need to extract sections of the Time Waveforms as they are only 2-3 seconds long and easily manageable.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,374 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author M0z

Hi Paul,

Thanks for that. Please see this example which I just created to perform what you described. At present you can specify the Record 3 timestamp you are interested in and it will return those waveform functions.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Message 4 of 5
(2,362 Views)

It works perfectly!

Many Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,353 Views)