LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting a word table at a location where the whole row of cells are empty.

Hello and happy new year to everyone,

My question is whether its possible to if a read a word table in LabView and split the table at a location where the whole row is empty (empty cells). I have a long table with 4 columns and want to split the table where it reads no entry at all in the whole row.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,540 Views)

Hi shahabkhan,

The task you describe should be easy enough to implement - you just need to search the array of string values for an empty row. A naive approach is to take a 2D array of strings and use a For loop and an Equals comparison with your 1D array (4 empty strings) and the autoindexed row from your table. Other approaches are likely possible and probably more efficient!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,491 Views)

I am reading a word report having a long set of tables and i am looking for a solution to delete the empty rows completely from the table. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,322 Views)

Hi,

It seems like your new response doesn't add much compared with your original post.

Please upload a VI showing how far you've managed to get and what you're struggling with. Members of the forum (or speaking at least for myself) are likely to be unwilling to provide a complete solution without some effort and progress on your part.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,310 Views)

NO need to repeat yourself.

Your post about the SAME topic is still there!  https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Splitting-a-word-table-at-a-location-where-the-whole-row-of/m-p/400...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,331 Views)

I am writing a number of tables with different conditions to a word template through bookmark. There are a number of tables already in word template but those are constant and i do not have to do anything with them. Due to different conditions i have to split the table at a location where the row is empty so that i could distinguish between different conditions which would be in a separate table. The point is i want to split those table because if I wont then i will have to make so many bookmarks in word template which i do not want. 

I understand that its important i should share VI with you but i feel like it would be so much confusing to understand for you because the VI is quite messed up 😄 

What I can do is I can share the current output of my VI with you. In the attached word file you will notice that there are certain empty rows which I want to remove secondly there are conditions at the start of every table like

27V REC

27V DOM

36V REC

36V DOM

For each of these conditions I want a separate table and thats only possible if i remove the empty row and split the table at the position.

please check it and suggest me a solution for it.

Thank you so much !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,290 Views)