From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting a word table at a location where the whole row of cells are empty.

Hello and happy new year to everyone,

My question is whether its possible to if a read a word table in LabView and split the table at a location where the whole row is empty (empty cells). I have a long table with 4 columns and want to split the table where it reads no entry at all in the whole row.

Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,542 Views)

Hi shahabkhan,

The task you describe should be easy enough to implement - you just need to search the array of string values for an empty row. A naive approach is to take a 2D array of strings and use a For loop and an Equals comparison with your 1D array (4 empty strings) and the autoindexed row from your table. Other approaches are likely possible and probably more efficient!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,493 Views)

I am reading a word report having a long set of tables and i am looking for a solution to delete the empty rows completely from the table. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,324 Views)

Hi,

It seems like your new response doesn't add much compared with your original post.

Please upload a VI showing how far you've managed to get and what you're struggling with. Members of the forum (or speaking at least for myself) are likely to be unwilling to provide a complete solution without some effort and progress on your part.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,312 Views)

NO need to repeat yourself.

Your post about the SAME topic is still there!  https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Splitting-a-word-table-at-a-location-where-the-whole-row-of/m-p/400...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,333 Views)

I am writing a number of tables with different conditions to a word template through bookmark. There are a number of tables already in word template but those are constant and i do not have to do anything with them. Due to different conditions i have to split the table at a location where the row is empty so that i could distinguish between different conditions which would be in a separate table. The point is i want to split those table because if I wont then i will have to make so many bookmarks in word template which i do not want. 

I understand that its important i should share VI with you but i feel like it would be so much confusing to understand for you because the VI is quite messed up 😄 

What I can do is I can share the current output of my VI with you. In the attached word file you will notice that there are certain empty rows which I want to remove secondly there are conditions at the start of every table like

27V REC

27V DOM

36V REC

36V DOM

For each of these conditions I want a separate table and thats only possible if i remove the empty row and split the table at the position.

please check it and suggest me a solution for it.

Thank you so much !

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,292 Views)