cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split a 3D array into 3 1D arrays

Solved!
Go to solution

@Minions wrote:

Maybe you should take a length of all the dimensions.  You may find that one of the three dimensions only has a single element; thereby making it equivalent to a 2-D array.

Did you even look at the text file attached to the first post? There is no third dimension.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(536 Views)

OK, I finally look at your VI.

Why is there a while loop that re-reads the same file over and over as fast as the computer allows? This file only needs to be read once (or whenever it's contents change) and not millions of times a second!

By now you probably figured it all out, so here's how it could look like if you first want to read the three header lines.

readColumns.png

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(533 Views)

Ok so I finally made this work after I changed the array type to 2D, rebuilt and wired everything and also removed the delete array function from after the first 2D array to after each 1D array and it worked. I have no idea why but I'm glad that it worked. The errors are because I didn't take the screenshot of the whole section of my program. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(511 Views)

Still looks extremely convoluted. "index array" is resizeable and if you delete the first  3 rows first you don't need all these "delete from array". Did you even look at our suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(504 Views)