LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spinning LED values Clockwise

Hi Everybody,

I have a application in which round indicators needs to be arranged. And when I make in ON/FF , I shoud get indicator values in Clockwise.

Brief of attached VI
1. There are 8 segments (Needs help how to create in LabVIEW which accept values)
2. To make each segment 500ms ON in Clockwise(this can be done if Step1 is resolved).

Thanks in Advance for great support in Custom Indicators.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(4,094 Views)
Hi,
I am not sure this is what you need, but I hope this will lead you o a solution... 😉

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(4,086 Views)

Search for roulette or dart board in this forum. If I remember right they used the picture control vis to generate it.

Of course you can also use the picture ring with 8 pics.

Attached a way to spin

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(4,082 Views)

Here is a link to the Picture Control thread.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=14&jump=true

If you come up with a unique "twist" please post an example so we can add it to the list.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(4,079 Views)
Thanks TiTou,

But my requirement is to Spin Triangular LEDs in clockwise not round LEDs.

I can put 8 trianguar LEDs in clockwise sequence and make it ON/OFF as per requirement but I am looking for who can help me getting 8 Triangular LEDs.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(4,048 Views)

So, the only issues is that you want triangular LEDs instead of the round LEDs, right?  We can forget about rotating and revolving and clockwise and counter-clockwise then? 

-Khalid

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(4,041 Views)
Hi,

As Ben pointed, the solution is to customize you control, like this...

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 7 of 15
(4,039 Views)
Thanks TiTou and Khalid,

Khalid got my exact requirement.

TiTou has given solution upto some extent. In his example only 4 LEDs are placed in vertical and horizontal directions. What about other 4 remaining LEDs which shapes are not easily available in LabVIEW.

Thanks,
ii.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(4,008 Views)

That, my friend, is left as an exercise for the students... Smiley Wink

-Khalid

Message 9 of 15
(4,001 Views)
Hi,

I'm glad you got what you were looking for.

But my purpose was certainly not to try to do the whole job for you, but more tools and ideas so that you can solve not only this issue but also the issues you'll face in the future 😉

Prefer teach you to fish than giving you fishes every day 😉

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 10 of 15
(3,998 Views)