LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spikes in signal when change the clock type of SCTL

Hello,

I have a FlexRio 7962 (with NI-5752 adapter) capturing a waveform generated by an AWG (NI-5412). In the FPGA side, when I set the clock of my SCTL as the "40MHz onboard clock" or any derived clock, the signal presents some aleatory spikes (Figure). I already measured the signal directly with an osciloscopic and it does not happens.

Otherwise, when I set an external clock (IO Module Clock), It does not have spikes but presents a considerable time delay.

20MHz Clock (derived from the 40MHz onboard clock)20MHz Clock (derived from the 40MHz onboard clock)Expected signal | Signal with spikes | Signal with SpikesExpected signal | Signal with spikes | Signal with Spikes

Would anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(657 Views)

Hi, as described in NI 5752 CLIP documentation, all its ADCs are clocked by IO Module Clock 0.  Therefore, accessing I/O node of ADC data should be inside of SCTL clocked by IO Module Clock 0.  

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372614J-01/friodig/5752_clip_help/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(584 Views)

Hello, the I/O node of ADC data already is inside of SCTL. But, when I set the clock as "IO Module Clock 0" (connected to the AWG by a SMB cable), the collected data coming with a considerable and aleatory time delay (wrong measurements).  And, when I set the clock as any derived clock (in the Figure is 20MHz), the data has no time delay but presents these spikes.

So, I have 2 problems:

Clock = IO module clock 0 - (time delay)

Clock = 40MHz onboard or derived - (correct time measurement, but has spikes in the signal)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(575 Views)