From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeding up execution

Oh ok. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 31
(579 Views)

I am trying to install the Real-time module to get the 1 Mhz clock enabled for the timed loop. It asked me to first install the SP1 32 bit. I did that from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2897/lang/en. But it still gives the same message. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 31
(562 Views)

Your link points to the run time engine, not the real time module.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 31
(557 Views)

Ya that is where I downloaded the 32 bit RTE from. 

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 31
(546 Views)

RTE is NOT the Real time module. Your statements make no sense.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 31
(538 Views)

I downloaded the Real Time Module( not the RTE) from another link. I downloaded the SP1 32 bit Run Time Engine (RTE) from the link I posted in my earlier message, because the installer for the Real Time module asked me to install SP1 32 bit first. I am wondering if I downloaded the correct file for the RTE and/or if I am missing something else. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 31
(528 Views)

@saboo wrote:

I downloaded the Real Time Module( not the RTE) from another link. I downloaded the SP1 32 bit Run Time Engine (RTE) from the link I posted in my earlier message, because the installer for the Real Time module asked me to install SP1 32 bit first. I am wondering if I downloaded the correct file for the RTE and/or if I am missing something else. 

I am pretty sure that the Real Time Module requires the full LabVIEW 2011 SP1 development system, not just the run time engine.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 31
(524 Views)

@saboo wrote:

I am trying to install the Real-time module to get the 1 Mhz clock enabled for the timed loop. It asked me to first install the SP1 32 bit. I did that from http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/2897/lang/en. But it still gives the same message. Am I missing something?

Just to get one thing clear, you will not be able to use the 1 Mhz clock unless your code is running on a Real-time target. And no windows is NOT a real-time target.

You will also need an extra license for the Real-time module, and it comes with a price.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 31
(519 Views)

I'm sorry but could you elaborate on that? What exactly do you mean by a real time target?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 31
(515 Views)

A real-time target could be a CompactRIO, a PXI controller or a PC with a real-time os installed. 

From http://www.ni.com/labview/realtime/

"...As an add-on to the LabVIEW development environment, the LabVIEW Real-Time Module helps you develop and debug graphical applications that can be downloaded to and executed on embedded hardware devices such as NI CompactRIO, NI Single-Board RIO, PXI, vision systems, or even third-party PCs."

"While LabVIEW is commonly used to develop applications that run on desktop OSs such as Windows, these OSs are not optimized for running critical applications for an extended period of time. The LabVIEW Real-Time Module features real-time OS (RTOS) software that runs on NI embedded hardware devices and select third-party PCs."

So while you are using Matlab to do some calculation, you could have some difficulties running your code on the real-time OS.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 31
(513 Views)